Thanksgiving. Here's the obligatory thankfulness post that is super expected.
Part of me was always fearful of the cheesy moment at a table when someone would ask, "What are you thankful for?" As a teenager had we done that I probably would have faked an injury or taken a potty break just before my turn. I don't exactly know why I hate expressing emotion but that's just me. It's an awful trait I've passed right on down to Katie. My two little girls however would happily stand up boldly and declare all of their feelings and never flinch.
Now it seems like so many of us are only thankful November 1 through November 30 and then December hits and it's time to want MORE, MORE, MORE. I never participate in the daily thankful posts on social media but I did think a blog would be appropriate and I would love to challenge each of you to make a similar list to the one below. Now here are the rules: You can just say all the big obvious things like, "I am thankful for my beautiful children that are such a blessing in my life each glorious day." NO. I mean I am super thankful for my kids, for my husband, for my family, but I think a good thankful list goes a little deeper. Like what little, specific thing, do they do that you are thankful for? Try to list 30 little things that make your life better. Use mine to help you get started.
The Thankful List
1. I am thankful for the coffee Tim makes every morning before he goes to work.
2. I am thankful that Emma makes Tim's sandwich every morning (I hate making sandwiches).
3. I am thankful Katie plays volleyball. I LOVE watching volleyball. Also, that Gracie is a baller. Her basketball games are awesome.
4. I am thankful that Cole David loves me the most. I like being his favorite.
5. I am thankful that my mom will always take my kids where I can't get them.
6. I am thankful that Emma dances at Rhythms of Grace because she has made the most amazing friends there and is loved.
7. I am thankful for Mt. Hope Christian Academy. My children are closer to God because they have gone to that school.
8. I am thankful for traveling. I LOVE to travel.
9. I am thankful for my Grandmother telling everyone she wasn't done living yet.
10. I am thankful my dad made me tough.
11. I am thankful for my divorce. Praise the Lord in Heaven for that.
12. I am thankful for my degree, even though I do not use it.
13. I am thankful for fuzzy warm socks.
14. I am thankful for my cell phone.
15. I am thankful for Mexican cheese dip. CAN I GET AN AMEN?
16. I am thankful for Dr. Patton who helped me bring Cole into this world like a pro. (Also thankful I didn't know him with the girls or I'd probably have 7 kids because delivery with Cole was a breeze).
17. I am thankful for my crazy friends. I only have like 3 but they are bomb.
18. I am thankful for my repeat customers.
19. I am thankful for each and every bride who books me.
20. I am thankful for my income.
21. I am thankful for pickles.
22. I am thankful for Jersey Mikes. I love that place.
23. I am thankful for ELF - the greatest Christmas movie of all time.
24. I am thankful that I can talk to Katie and she talks back. I didn't talk to my parents about anything from the time I was 13 until 23.
25. I am thankful for Camp Cowen - what a HUGE blessing.
26. I am thankful for my camera.
27. I am thankful for photoshop.
28. I am thankful for Rachel Hollis, Jenna Kutcher, and Amy Porterfield (all women who do not know me but I spend the majority of my time with.
29. I am thankful for my computer.
30. I am so super thankful for God and His Son Jesus. - Plan to remember that each and every day this holiday season even though it's pretty darn easy to forget in the busy.